I hope you’re looking forward to celebrating this wonderful event today!!
You made it through all 35 days. I hope you have been blessed by this time. I pray you’ve been brought closer to God and each other. I certainly have!
Do you know I’ve written in the last month over 20,000 words!! That’s the equivalent of two-degree dissertations!!! Buts its been wonderful I’ve loved sharing my heart about God with you and all his plans.
Why did we do this?
Well the story starts at the church family meeting in February this year which ended with my summary which was roughly as follows:
“I think Community Church is going quite well. Everyone’s seems to be quite happy (I hope) I don’t really have any visions for what’s going to happen in the future but if we just sit back, we can enjoy the ride with God.”
I don’t know about you, but often later God gives me a telling off!
God asked me why I had such low expectations of Him when He is the God of the universe!!
God asked me why I trusted him so little when He had done so much in the past.
God reminded me that He was a good father and he loved giving good things to His children.
God said why don’t you write down all the things you’d love to see me do in this Church and Blackburn.
So not wanting to argue with God I did and, here what I wrote:
- Growth of Community Church primarily through salvation
- Growth of church in discipleship and knowledge of Jesus
- To be experiencing more and more of the presence of God in our Sunday services
- To be seeing picture, tongues, interpretations, singing, in the spirit, healings and miracles more and more in our services
- To see a vibrant community of all ages in our church
- For Community Church Blackburn to be extremely welcoming
- A church building Wesley Hall to be used entirely for the glory of God
- Ten house groups and a house group Co Ordinator
- A fully functioning eldership team
- A Newfrontiers Impact student being developed within our church http://www.impact-training.org.uk/ and us sending our young people to other churches as impact students.
- Student Union fresher’s week student worker
- For love to abound more and more in our church.
- Ministry in old people’s homes. prayer, services sharing the Gospel, administering communion etc..
- Ministry in the hospitals praying for the sick and with families
- Vibrant presence filled prayer meetings to grow and develop.
- Developing new leaders in our church and sending them to ChristCentral leadership training in Sheffield.
- For Community Church Blackburn to have a deep prayer life.
- Families and youth worker
- A full coach of young people from Blackburn going to Newday (Youth Festival)
- Evangelistic Testimony nights running monthly at Wesley Hall.
- Gospel Healing nights running monthly at Wesley Hall or Cornerstones
- Having to have baptism services much more than once a year because to many people want to get baptised!!
- A vibrant youth group meeting every Friday nights not entirely made up of Christians
- To watch all our youth and children develop an strong faith in Jesus.
- Worship group at church with drums
- Legal aid solicitor for Asylum Seekers in Blackburn
- Houses for refugees and destitute asylum seekers in our church and more
- Running a proper Christian Alcoholics anonymous course or something for people with drug dependences
- To run Alpha Prayer Group
- Regular Church Walks
- Blackburn churches together prayer meeting regular
- More love and cooperation between churches in Blackburn.
- Newfrontiers Lancashire churches praying together and worshiping together
- A Refugee ministry to be run entirely for the Glory of God and Gospel shared
- Ministry to the poor, soup kitchen for the Glory of God and Gospel Shared
- Christian parenting courses all the time
- Christian marriage courses running all the time
- Large mother and baby group Christian sharing the gospel
- Men’s prayer breakfast run once a month
- Christian women’s group running once a month
- A Christian running club or fitness club.
- All Cap Courses run all the time, CAP Debt, CAP Job, Cap Lifeskills https://capuk.org/get-involved/your-church/partner-with-cap/cap-life-skills
- Eating together as a church once a month at least
- Saturday morning film time tea and coffee for young families
- Ministry in schools including Islamic Schools. Sharing the Gospel
- Christiana’s walk through the bible rolled out in all schools in Blackburn
- After School Clubs run by Christians, sharing the Gospel
- Running Bible Course (deep bible study) in our church
- Running Freedom in Christ Course all the time
- Running ministry benefits help to the poor (Benefits pastor)
- Welcome boxes running to welcome strangers to our town https://www.welcomeboxes.org/
- Run Alpha 12 months a year concurrently
- Minibus to pick people up in a mini bus and take people to church or serve people for Gods glory
- Church Holiday or Devoted every year
- Summer Children’s Club running over holidays
- Strong amazing Children’s Work of the highest quality for Gods Glory
- Manned Creche. Young mums can leave their kids and enjoy church
- Christian kids football Team
- Church football teams
- Iraninan and Farsi bible study running weekly
- Many, Many nations in our church
- Leaflet walking Team ensuring every household in Blackburn has been invited to church
- Healing on the streets every week and more
- Loneliness Café serving cheap homemade food and sharing the Gospel
- Fare Share Shop. Selling cheap near use by date food to help people who are struggling
- Working towards and being involved in Lancashire church plant
- As a church being involved in ministry in foreign country
- Doing more weddings than funerals
Pretty shocking isn’t it. I was quite scared.
Have we got the resources for all that lot of course not!!!!
Has God of course He has!!
After scripture, as a church, we need to be primarily guided by the Holy Spirit and the Prophetic and a lot of those things God may, or may never allow us to do.
However, we’ve got a big God!! Why can’t he do those things?
I don’t know about you, but I’d love to go on a journey with God in the following years and see Blackburn turned upside down for His Glory just like he did in the book of Acts
We need to develop a big faith because we’ve got a big, big God who is good and who loves his people to step out in faith.
What would your list look like for yourself and for church? Go on write it down today.
Pray it through. Tell people, you’re going to have loads of things
That’s why we pray because God wants us, I believe, to ask Him for stuff for Hid Glory!!
Lets as a church dream big for His Glory. To see His Kingdom come in Blackburn and in our church just like it is in heaven.
Are you excited about what God can do? I am! I hope you are to!
Come Lord Jesus come!